Today, we want to control everything using our smartphones as they are equipped with almost all features we required; but what about controlling other electronic devices using your smartphones? In this era of technology, it’s time for smart plugs to assist you in controlling your devices. The Wi-Fi plugs allow you to control devices like turning the light on while resting on your bed, using your smartphone. Now to turn on and off any devices using smartphone; you just need Wi-Fi!
Now managing energy consumption is in your hand; as most of the smart plugs are compatible with iOS and android devices. Wi-Fi smart plugs are easy to connect with by using different apps. Some of the plugs show notifications as well. The smart plugs also allow you to have control over your energy consumption. They are easy to use and come with different features. Some plugs are even equipped with sensors.
Following are some of the best Wi-Fi smart plugs:
D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug is equipped with the following features:
- It has a built-in thermal sensor that will notify and turn off devices when they are overheated.
- It can monitor the connected devices energy consumption.
- It has a feature of customized notifications.
- You can schedule your devices; when to turn them on and off. Just set the time when you want to activate your devices, and it will work according to your provided schedule.
- A plug has a Wi-Fi button by clicking it, device is directly connected to the Wi-Fi.
- It provides an automatic protection against overheating.
- It is easy and simple to connect with the plug.
- The smart plug is compatible with IOS and Android devices.
- It works with Apple TV.
- It collaborates with the devices by D-Link
- It has a built-in IF This Then That (IFTTT) that allows you to create customized recipes.
- The plug has three lights as Wi-Fi indicators that are always on.
- It offers no HomeKit Support.
- The plugs are at the bottom of the devices and appear as bulky
Koogeek Smart Plug
- It is also one of the best Wi-Fi smart plugs.
- You can use Siri App for controlling your electronic devices directly from your iOS device.
- It is equipped with Apple HomeKit technology. It allows you to control devices that support HomeKit technology.
- It monitors your power consumption.
- You can set timers and schedules on Koogeek Smart Plug
- You can easily get connected to it by a free app.
- You can control multiple devices with a schedule.
- It has customized scenes for schedules.
- Its scheduling feature is easy to use.
- It is compatible with the HomeKit technology.
- The app gives you quick access to various features.
- It will show energy stat that will tell your power measurement.
- The plug is not compatible with Nest, SmartThings, WeMo, Wink, or other home ecosystems.
- It doesn’t support the Android devices.
A smart Wi-Fi plug is providing so many features that it must be added to list of products you will purchase in near future. Just go with the one that suits our needs!