2gig has been very well known in the Z-Wave Home Automation products. Its low-priced ct100 z-wave programmable thermostat offers good quality in a cheap price under 100 by cutting the many not needed features. What really makes this model shine is its ability to synch with your other smart devices via the Z-Wave home automation hub. This device does what it should do in a very reliable fashion. The 2gig CT100 is one of the best z-wave programmable thermostats under $100 among all the best sellers 2020.
At a Glance:
It doesn’t have a famous name or an appearance of beautiful, but it is simple and affordable and has most of the features other smart thermostats have. It has a simple white exterior. That means it can be blended in with wallpapers very well in your home. The screen part is a bright, LED back-lit display. This makes it easy to read the screen in the dark, so you don’t need to worry about making temperature adjustments in late night.
And the price is less than a hundred bucks! The display is not so beautiful among the price level, but it offers touch functionality and back illumination.
It is a device that can be connected to other automation devices through a Z-Wave home automation hub such as Wink, SmartThings, and VeraLite. This 2GIG touch screen thermostat seamless integrate with the Go!Control wireless Z-Wave panel to facilitate remote management.
Through Go!Control panel, you can control the heating and cooling system of your house even you are hundred miles away from home, only if you connect to the Internet. This function can cut down the energy consumption by changing the temperature or turn off the air conditioner or furnace when no one is at home.
- Integrate Seamlessly With Homeseer
- Seven-Day Scheduling Programs
- Ultra Slim Form Factor
- Two Year Battery Life
- Allows Controlling Two Cooling Stages As Well As Four Heat Stage
- Bright Display With Touch Screen
- Can Be Powered Through DC Input, C-Wire Input, Or F AA Batteries
- Auto Mode
- Good Z-Wave Range
- Improved User Experience
- Low price, affordable
- Can Work without a C-wire – can run for a long time with AA batteriesFully programmable
- Good Z-Wave communication range
- Slim and sleek design
- Ease to install, can replace any other thermostat without additional wires
- Compatibility with 100% HVAC systems
- Quiet operation
- touchscreen, programmable control
- Big, LED backlit screen
- Integrates with Z-Wave hubs like SmartThings, VeraLite, Wink
- Longer battery life
- Easy scheduling via 2GIG GO!Control app or other Z-Wave app
- Better Z-Wave range
- Display shows little info
- Press-on touch screen is hard to use compared to the touch screen
- Not smart! Can only function well with restricted options for programming.
- Only a Z-wave controller can program it
How To Install CT100 Z-Wave Thermostat
Here is a video about installing it.
Our rating for 2GIG CT100 is great and gives it 4.0 stars out of 5. The reason we didn’t give it 5 stars is that it did’t provide usage reports and it must be programmed with a Z-wave controller. Despite this con, if you are a Z-Wave hub owner, it will reward you in a big way. It’s another useful and cool device for your automated home.
It is a great replacement thermostat for Z-Wave users. It supports Z-wave and it is a regular programmable model. If you want to buy a Z-Wave thermostat with incredibly affordable price, this one is a good choice.